Joseph Troiani, Ph.D. Chicago Campus
"Quite simply, Adler is special."
Joseph E. Troiani, Ph.D.
Joseph E. Troiani, Ph.D.
Coordinator, Certificate in Substance Abuse Counseling Program
Having been trained here in the early 1970s, I have always been appreciative of my Adler School education and the values it instilled. When presented with the invitation to join the faculty in 1993, I realized this was an opportunity to share my knowledge and expertise with future generations. I continue to be very happy with that choice.
Quite simply, the Adler School is special. The University educates students who are the future of socially responsible leadership in psychology and behavioral health. We promote this even in their first year with the Community Service Practicum. Then, throughout their studies here, students have ongoing engagement with both the Institute of Social Exclusion and the Institute of Public Safety and Social Justice. As professionals, our graduates honor their Adler education by bringing the values of social interest into practice, by becoming advocates of justice, and by influencing public policy.
Please e-mail or call me (312-662-4360) if you have questions or would like more information about me.
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology
- M.A., Clinical Psychology
- MSSI, Strategic Intelligence
- M.A., Health Administration
- B.A., Psychology and Sociology
- Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor (Illinois)
- American Psychological Association
- American Psychological Association, (Div. 19, Society of Military Psychology)
- Association of Threat Assessment Professionals
- Illinois Alcohol & Drug Dependence Association
- Illinois Council on Problem Gambling
- Illinois Mental Health Summit
- Illinois Psychological Association
- International Society of Political Psychology
- Mental Health America of Illinois
- Looking at Problem Gambling from the Clinician’s Perspective, Illinois Counselors Association Annual Conference, May 2010
- Early Warnings: Violence Prevention Through Detection & Intervention, Association of Threat Assessment Professionals Spring Regional Conference, May 2010
- Intergenerational Communications Techniques, Intergenerational Differences with Today’s Combat Veteran, The Spiritual Trauma of War: War is Hell, Hines Veterans Administration Hospital, November 2009
- Behavioral Health Issues with Returning Afghan and Iraq War Veterans, IAODAPCA 2009 Spring Conference, 2009
- Public Health’s Role in Biodefense, 2008 Illinois Public Health Emergency Preparedness Summit, July 2008
- Leadership Fellow, Illinois Public Health Leadership Institute, School of Public Health, University of Illinois at Chicago