Mark Bilkey, Psy.D. Chicago Campus
"I believe we learn best through the free
expression of our unique views in a thoughtful,
challenging environment." Mark Bilkey
Mark Bilkey, Psy.D.
Program Director, Part-Time Track
Clinical Mental Health Counseling
As a Counselor Educator, I strive to bring healthy positive energy, current knowledge, fun, and mutual respect to our classroom. Teaching is a wonderfully collaborative process; I believe we learn best through the free expression of our unique views in a thoughtful and challenging environment. For example, I deny students the right to misunderstand—I engage in active listening and deliver clear statements grounded in common sense. I prepare students with the necessary tools in order for them to successfully navigate life’s tests. I also enliven the ideas of celebrating the differences between people and to demonstrate the importance of social connectedness.
A student recently said to me, “I am so happy to be at Adler because I now realize the many opportunities to use my skills in making a difference in the world.” I feel the same about teaching at Adler. It’s a wonderful culmination of my last twenty years of helping individuals, families, and organizations. Now I am preparing the next generation to do the same.
Please email or call me (312.662.4327) if you have questions or would like more information about me.
- Psy.D., Clinical Psychology, Adler School of Professional Psychology, 1997
- M.A., Counseling Psychology, Adler School of Professional Psychology, 1992
- B.A., Family and Consumer Resources, Wayne State University, 1984
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Illinois Counseling Association (ICA)
- American Society on Aging (ASA)
- North American Society of Adlerian Psychology (NASAP)
- Adlerian and Cognitive Behavioral Theory: An Integrative Approach, Illinois Counseling Association, November 2015
- The Purpose and Power of our Earliest Recollections, Illinois Counseling Association, November 2014
- Structured Reminiscence: Using Early Recollections as a Diagnostic Technique, American Society on Aging, March 2013