Tina Johnson, M.A. Chicago Campus
"I am working to support and enhance alternatives to incarceration. I am passionate about engaging the community and working together to improve Chicago."
-Tina Johnson, M.A.
Tina Johnson, M.A.
IPSSJ Justice Fellow
My primary role is to function as the leadership coordinator for Restorative Justice (RJ) Hubs throughout the city of Chicago. I serve as a supportive structure for organizational capacity building as well as provide prospective RJ Hubs with technical assistance and evaluation oversight. I am excited to be a part of Adler University, and to work in an organization with a focus on socially just solutions to issues that affect the entire community. My background is in violence prevention, public health and criminology, law and justice with a focus on qualitative methods and community based participatory research.
My research interests include community empowerment, juvenile justice and violence prevention. I am working to support and enhance alternatives to incarceration. I am passionate about engaging the community and working together to improve Chicago.
Please email or call me (312.662.4024) if you have questions or would like more information about me.
- Ph.D. in progress, Criminology, Law and Justice, University of Illinois at Chicago
- M.A., Criminology, Law and Justice, University of Illinois at Chicago
- B.S., Psychology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- American Society of Criminology
- American Public Health Association
- Poster: “News coverage of Chicago homicides.” American Criminological Society Conference, November 2012. Chicago, Illinois.
- Poster: “Mediating Interpersonal Conflicts to Prevent Violence in Chicago.” Homicide Research Working Group, June 2012. Chicago, Illinois.
- Roundtable: “Analysis of Workshops with High-Risk Individuals.” American Society of Criminology Conference, November 2011. Washington, D.C.
- Oral Session: “Impact of Conflict Mediations on Shootings and Homicides.” American Public Health Association Conference, Oct. 2011. Washington, D.C.